Dynamo Spanish uses the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages to determine proficiency levels. The Intermediate Spanish lessons will fall under the following categories:
B1- Threshold or Intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Your first online lesson with Dynamo Spanish is 100% free for a limited time. Don’t miss out!
B2-Vantage or Upper Intermediate
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, includingtechnical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with nativespeakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on atopical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
What Topics Will Be Covered?
With our Intermediate Spanish lessons, you’ll learn how to:
- Make yourself understood in a variety of situations such as debates, problem-solving and clarification of misunderstandings;Ex: I think there’s been a mistake. I didn’t order an orange juice. Could you please ask the manager if he received our email requesting a reservation? I don’t support that political party’s view on immigration.
- Express needs, tastes, preferences, feelings and emotions;Ex: My car is out of gas. I need to stop at the gas station. My favorite food is Thai, but if there’s a good Vietnamese restaurant, I’ll settle for that. I don’t enjoy opera. I’d rather see a ballet.I’m very disappointed about his reaction to my business proposal. I’m having a difficult time right now since my father is in the hospital.
- Give advice, issue orders, formulate hypotheses;Ex: I think it would be better if you went to the beach in Uruguay. They’re nicer than the ones along the Argentine coast.Could you take the trash out before dinner?I think Argentina stands a good chance of winning since their offense has been excellent for the pastfew games.
- Refer to other people’s ideas and opinions;Ex: Sam has an interesting idea about how to reduce energy consumption.Claire believes very strongly in freedom of speech.
- Develop a stronger knowledge of communicating in common situations beyond the basic.Basic: How are you?/ I’m fine, thank you.
Intermediate: How are you?/ I’m great! My Spanish classes are going really well and I’m able to order my steak the way I like it now!
What Else Will Be Covered?
We’ll also be working more on pronunciation and developing your Spanish accent. The accent is an important part of developing fluency in a language.
It helps you to communicate and be understood more easily by a native speaker.
How Do I Know if I’m Ready for Intermediate Classes?
Take our free placement test to determine your level. Afterwards, you can schedule your free trial class with one of our teachers.
During the trial class, you’ll not only get to test out our method and see if you like it, but the teacher will confirm your proficiency level to make sure you’ll be in the right class.
Be sure to check out our FAQ page.
Book Your Trial Lesson
Ready to book your trial lesson? Simply email us, or contact us via live chat (look bottom right), and we’ll get you booked in. Easy!