Dynamo Spanish offers a variety of Spanish courses designed for learners of all skill levels and experience. If you have some experience with Spanish, but you are not yet fluent, our Online Spanish Lessons for Intermediate Students might be the best fit for you.
The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages’ Standards for Intermediate Spanish Speakers
To determine the content of our Spanish courses, Dynamo Spanish uses the standards set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Using these guidelines, teachers and students can determine where the student is in terms of language ability.
Our intermediate-level Spanish language courses correspond to CEFR Level B1 and Level B2.
Students working at the B1 (Intermediate) level should be able to:
- Understand the main points/topics of conversation when encountering conversations and other material regarding everyday situations (e.g., work, school, leisure)
- Handle most situations when traveling to a Spanish-speaking area
- Produce simple, yet well-organized texts on topics that are familiar and of interest
- Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions, as well as provide reasons and explanations for opinions and plans
Students working at the B2 (Upper Intermediate) level should be able to:
- Understand the main ideas of complex texts on concrete and abstract topics
- Interact with fluency and spontaneity that makes interactions with native speakers easy for both parties
- Produce clear, detailed texts on a wide variety of subjects and explain a viewpoint that includes perspectives from both sides of the argument
In Dynamo Spanish’s Online Spanish Lessons for Intermediate Students, you will cover:
- Making yourself understood in a variety of situations, such as debating, working with others to solve problems, and clarifying any misunderstandings
- Expressing needs, tastes, preferences, feelings, and emotions
- Giving advice, issuing orders, and formulating hypotheses
- Referring to other people’s ideas and opinions
- Developing a deeper knowledge of communication beyond basic situations (basic situations include those where you’re introducing yourself or greeting others)
Your teacher will also work with you on your pronunciation and developing your Spanish accent.
Am I Ready for Intermediate Spanish Lessons?
To determine if you’re ready for Dynamo Spanish’s Online Spanish Lessons for Intermediate Students, we recommend taking our free placement test. You may find that you’re ready for Intermediate Spanish, but if not, we have alternative options that will help prepare you for more difficult courses or more advanced options that will get you to fluency.
Once you take the placement test, you can sign up for your free trial lesson with Dynamo Spanish and get started learning.